Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Catch-Up

Its February. This is yet another post that will be playing "catch-up" with my super busy life. So here goes... Honestly, after wrapping up my MA Thesis at Georgetown and officially graduating on December 31 there is not too much going on here. This is why I have no reason to not blog. Also my mentees from the Washington Journalism Center are so good at blogging that I feel a bit like a slacker.

In January Greg and I headed to Colorado to ski with my family at Keystone Resort. My sisters and I spent an entire day ice skating on a six acre pond at the Keystone Lodge, we went night skiing and Greg, Catelyn and I tried a double black diamond with moguls (much to the pain of my shins). This was a great trip with my family.

Then Greg and I came back to Washington, DC to welcome a new class of WJC students. This group is extremely enthusiastic, polite and friendly. I love the fact they love the city and have already started to explore areas most groups do not explore.

I started volunteering with a journalism literacy program through The Fishing School here in DC. The building used to be across the street from our house, but they were adopted by ABC's EXTREME MAKEOVER HOME EDITION a little over a year ago and moved to a larger building in the Deanwood Neighborhood. The Journalism program reaches out to sixth grade students at a DC public school. When I started volunteering there I had a much different idea of the DC public school system. I'm still not sure what I think of it now.

I guess the one big thing in Greg and My life that I have not mentioned is the new edition we welcomed to our home the third week of January, our new dog--Wylie. His name was Freckles before but with his new life he got a new name.

See a Video of Wylie Here

Wylie came from the Oldies But Goodies Cocker Rescue. He is red and white and loves his stuffed toys. He weighs around 21 pounds and is 2 years old. Wylie was in and out of foster care and kennels all through the Christmas season. Just before Christmas his owners took him to the vet and asked them to euthanize him because their child was allergic to him. Now he lives with Greg and I in our little blue house. And yes, we named him after our street.

In other news I am still looking for a job. I've been attending networking events and applying to 10 or more jobs a week. Greg and I started taking French classes on Tuesday Nights (he's in the more advanced class), we joined our church praise band, and tonight is the first night of our Mosaic Capital East Face to Face discussion group.

I also scheduled a trip to Texas for the end of February to see family, friends and Baylor. I guess we are pretty busy. But then it is all part of my life's journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment